Sherwin Williams has the usual coupons that they run quite often but they are good ones! For instance, you can save $10 off of $50 or more and all you have to do is go to their site and enter the coupons area and download it. It’s as simple as that. If you want to order online and use the same coupon you simple sign up for a free account or sign in to your existing account and click the button at the top that says to add it to my S-W and you’re all set.
Here is some information right from the Sherwin Williams site on painting tips. You can check there for more how-to information!
Quartz Stone Impressions
Quartz Stone Impressions specialty finishes offer a rich visual and tactile experience that is certain to create an eye-catching focal point in your home. The softly sparkling beauty of this collection evokes a look of semi-precious stones that tectonic activity has revealed among majestic plateaus and awe-inspiring canyon ridges. Glistening flecks are revealed as your eye follows light reflecting across the surface. Think of it as earthy meets exotic.
This month you can save $10 off any Sherwin Williams paint. For instance:
There is a $10 Sherwin Williams printable coupon for in store purchases of $50 or more. This one doesn’t expire till 6/30/12. It does not include Duration Exterior Coating, Duration Home, Color to Go, Fan Decks, Spray Equipment and Floor Covering. To print the paint coupon simply click the pic below!
There is also a Sherwin Williams coupon that will get Save you 15% to 30% on paints and stains or even paint supplies. This one has a variable expiration date and can be found on the company homepage.
There is also a coupon for $10 off your $50 purchase when you sign up to be a preferred customer. If you need to do any painting just grab it and save some money. Keep in mind that you can always use a specific email address just for your coupons if you’d prefer not to get bombarded in your in-box.
There are also many tips on the Sherwin Williams site such as this one (with full credit to Sherwin Williams) on how to clean up after you paint!
Clean-up procedures depend largely on the paint you use. Here are guidelines for cleaning up. To maximize your investment on painting tools, make sure to clean them right after use.
- Clean any spills before they dry with a paper towel dampened with water.
- Clean brushes, rollers and other tools with soap and water.
- After cleaning, flush spraying equipment with mineral spirits to prevent rusting. Follow manufacturer’s safety recommendations when using mineral spirits.
Oil Alkyd Paints
- Clean any spills before they dry with a paper towel dampened with mineral spirits or paint thinner.
- Oil-based (alkyd) paint must be removed from tools with mineral spirits or paint thinner.
- Pour the cleaning material into a clean bucket and rinse brushes and rollers well.
- When done, allow the solids to settle out of the cleaner, then strain the liquid back into the original container for reuse.
- Allow the settled solids to air-dry away from children, pets or open flames, then dispose of the container in the trash.
- Brushes should be kept in their original wrapper or paper-wrapped in a manner that retains their original shape before storing.
Protect Your Paint Job
Wait at least two weeks before washing the newly painted surface. After that, clean with a mild household detergent and a soft cloth or sponge.
Tips to Protect the Environment
Try to buy only the amount of paint you need so there is little to dispose of when you complete your project. If you do have leftovers, follow these guidelines:
- Save small amounts of leftover paint for future touch-ups. To keep it fresh, place a layer of plastic wrap over the mouth of the can before replacing the lid. Pound down the lid securely.
- Check with your local waste collector to see if it accepts dried latex paint. If so, place the open can in an airy spot away from children and pets. When the paint is completely dry, put it in the trash.
- Seal oil/alkyd paints in the can and store them safely away from heat sources until you can take them to an appropriate waste-disposal site, such as community paint/stain collection events where you can safely dispose of leftover paints.
- Never pour paint, stain, or any other coating down a drain, into a storm sewer or anywhere else that might contaminate the environment.
There are a few good deals you can get if you go to http://dealspl.us/sherwin_williams-coupons for Sherwin Williams printable coupons. Some of these expire on 5/7/12 so you should hurry and print them out.
- $10 off of a $50 purchase (limited time expiration)
- $10 off of a $50 purchase (expires 7/31/12)
- 30% off paint stains may 3-7(for preferred customers) **You can sign up for preferred customer in store or online (expires 5/7/12)
- $10 off of a $50 purchase (expires 5/31/12)
- $10 off of a $50 purchase (expires 5/7/12)
You can also go to http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/special-offers/sales-and-coupons/ and download their coupons there. Don’t forget to go to http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/special-offers/preferred-customer/ and become a preferred customer to get a coupon as well. These are high dollar $10 off of $50 purchase so get as many as you can.